Why and How ML ?

 Why ML ?



As a Person who almost always has things figured out before execution it got a bit difficult to navigate through the same system in my Career. I have had laid out the plans of execution for several subjects majorly including Operating System, DSA and even AI , failing most of the times, until came ML into picture. 

How to Decide ?

I believe I had the opportunity to try out many domains in Computer Science before specifically choosing this. A Career option according to me is one where you constantly wish to learn and grow not just for the sake of the job but that makes you want to learn. 

Why is it difficult to decide ? 

Choosing Career is as difficult as relationships. Finding that one domain, which you'd want to spend most of your time learning about and willing to work in that field for most of the years of life and accepting to get accustomed with its related domains is such an unsaid commitment. (but I mean u can always change ur field, duh!) 

Fling with OS ?

I had an affair with Operating System before my commitment with ML. Well it was brief  for about half a year that I found a subject that felt intriguing to me and made me want to deep dive into its curriculum. Honestly, I feel I didn't commit to learning Linux much and giving in more before I felt scared of not being able to thoroughly follow it. 
Besides this crap, all in all it was lack of commitment to it after some point and I still find that subject really something that I kinda get lot better than the others and I shall learn Linux better someday (for u don't just get over your first love !? )

Love at First Sight feat Machine Learning !!! 

Well some 4 years back, I didn't quite know that ML is a subset of AI (they felt more like a synonym). I think it was around that time I wrapped my head around it for the first time wanting to go for courses with AI for study. I kinda wanted to just know more on the AI side- Generative AI, AI Agents, etc. but not wanting to outreach the subparts ML or DL. 
It was during the time of Deepseek that I found myself wanting to read every article about it, its working, even printing out & reading its Research Paper, I feel fortunate that I had ML introduced in my course that very moment as well and things started putting up well, I think I am taking a lot more time to learn things and at times I wish I had given this very domain an early try -on but I guess things are meant to happen around the right time. I am still not very proficient or at any advanced state but ik that I am honest, loyal and I'm totally staying for this one. No commitment issues with ML. 

Current Status with ML ...



Now, that I've been sticking with ML for more than a year now, I am getting accustomed to its related domains even Generative AI. But for sometime now I've gotten closest to the youngest one (the subpart of ML) Deep Learning. It has captivated me so much making me read books about it. 

My Interest in DL  stems out from like stating the much obvious, Neural Networks and the idea behind it replicating the human brain and perceptron. The only thing I liked in Biology class was "The Human Brain" it  fascinated me how our brains work and even if neural networks aren't close to human brain even after so much work, its still so intriguing to tweak and test the neural networks. It is inspiring , even if not artsy-creative, it still feels like bringing something to life, and that for now is enough!



Comments